Sunday, December 9, 2012

Book #132: Burned

Title: Burned (book #12 of the Pretty Little Liars series)

Author: Sara Shepard

Date started reading: Dec. 11, 2012
Date finished reading: Dec. 14, 2012

Publish date: December 2012
ISBN: 978-0062081926
Number of pages: 336

Official summary: "It's spring break, and the pretty little liars are trading in Rosewood for a cruise vacation. They want nothing more than to sail into the tropical sunset and leave their troubles behind for one blissful week. But where Emily, Aria, Spencer, and Hanna go, A goes, too. From scuba diving to tanning on the upper deck, A is there, soaking up all their new secrets. Emily is smooching a stowaway. Aria's treasure-hunting partner is a little too interested in her booty. Spencer's going overboard trying to land a new boy. And a blast-or rather, a crash-from Hanna's past could mean rough waters ahead for everyone. The liars better tighten their life jackets. A perfect storm is brewing, and if they aren't careful, A will bury them at sea." (http://www.epicreads.com)

How I obtained the book: Pre-ordered for $15.21 from Walmart using a giftcard I got for my birthday

My commentary:  I can't believe that Sara Shepard is still able to come up with so many twisted secrets for these girls to have and so many traumatic events for them to experience. This book was one of the best of the series. The only thing that bothered me about it -- and it bugs me about all the books and the TV show -- is the four girls are always so quick to assume they know who "A" is. They're always ready to blame someone for being "A" even when they know he/she frames other people all the time. 

Memorable quotes:
  • "Four liars are about to get burned." ~ message from "A" on the cover under the dust jacket
  • "Whoever New A was, New A was crazy. How could (Spencer) anticipate a lunatic's next move?" 
  • "Life isn't worth living if you're scared all the time." ~ Jordan to Emily
  •  "I had this epiphany. I'd rather clear my conscience than live a lie. Even if that means suffering for it, I don't think I can live another day with this hanging over me." ~ Aria

Buy on Amazon.com: Burned (Pretty Little Liars, Book 12)

No comments:

Post a Comment