Monday, January 7, 2013

Book #2: Wolf Pact

Title: Wolf Pact

Author: Melissa de la Cruz

Date started reading: Jan. 8, 2013
Date finished reading:  Jan. 9, 2013

Publish date: April 2012
ISBN: 978-1907410185
Number of pages: 304

Official summary: "Once enslaved in the darkest pits of the underworld, Lawson and his pack were destined to become Hounds of Hell. Escaping to Earth bought them a little time, but their old masters soon catch up with them and take away the one thing Lawson is desperate to keep hold of - the girl he loves. Now, Lawson needs to hunt the beasts he was running from if there's any chance of seeing her again. When Bliss, a mysterious ex-vampire, turns up on her own search for the Hounds it seems she might hold information that will help. But will she be able to trust this insolent, dangerously good-looking boy when she knows that he has a wolf's soul?" (http://melissa-delacruz.com)

How I obtained the book: Bought for $12.99 online. Since the book was only released as eBooks in the USA, I had to order the book from the UK, but luckily I wasn't charged for international shipping.

My commentary:
  • I'm still really pissed that the book wasn't published as a print book in the U.S. Just because the author missed her deadlines, the book was released only as eBooks. At least I could get it from the UK. 
  • I was somewhat worried this book would end up as bad as the other Blue Bloods spin-off books (the Witches of the East End books), but it was amazing. I was hooked only a few pages in. I had forgotten how amazing her writing could be because of how bad the Witches books were. 
  • I am so glad that Bliss got her own book. I had been missing her in the last couple Blue Bloods books. Even though I like the other characters in Blue Bloods, I love Bliss and the series was really lacking without her. I really hope when the final Blue Bloods book comes out this month that Bliss will have a decent part in it. 

Buy on Amazon.com: Wolf Pact. Melissa de La Cruz 

No comments:

Post a Comment