Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Book #6: Evertrue

Title: Evertrue (third and final book in the Everneath series)

Author: Brodi Ashton

Date started reading: February 26, 2014
Date finished reading: February 26, 2014

Publish date: January 2014
ISBN: 978-0062071194
Number of pages: 368

Official summary: "Now that Nikki has rescued Jack, all she wants is to be with him and graduate high school. But Cole tricked Nikki into feeding off him, and she’s begun the process of turning into an Everliving herself ... which means she must feed on a Forfeit soon — or die. Terrified for her survival, Nikki and Jack begin a desperate attempt to reverse the process using any means possible. Even Cole, who they expected to fight them at every turn, has become an unlikely ally — but how long can it last? Nikki needs to feed on Cole to survive, Cole needs Nikki to gain the throne in the Everneath, Jack needs Nikki because she is everything to him — and together, they must travel back to the Underworld to undo Nikki’s fate and make her mortal once more. But Cole isn’t the only one with plans for Nikki: the Queen has not forgotten Nikki’s treachery, and she wants her destroyed for good. Will Nikki be forced to spend eternity in the Underworld, or does she have what it takes to bring down the Everneath once and for all?" (http://brodiashton.blogspot.com/)

Official book trailer:


How I obtained the book: Checked out of library

My commentary: --

Memorable quotes:
  • "Truth. Pessimism. They're sort of one and the same lately." ~ Nikki
  • "Nothing is as it seems in the Everneath." ~ Nikki
  • "Nothing good could come out of 'Pop Goes the Weasel.'" ~ Nikki
  • "I'd rather die than be your queen." ~ Nikki to Cole
  • "You're delusional." ~ Nikki
    "I'm the delusional guy who's going to keep you alive." ~ Cole
    "You're the delusional guy who killed me in the first place." ~ Nikki
  • "I'd rather overthink than underthink." ~ Nikki
  • "There are some things that you just can't apologize for. Some things are too big for an apology." ~ Nikki
  • "Google can destroy worlds." ~ Will
  • "I feel like I need to go home. But I don't have a home." ~ Cole
  • "I'm going to tear through your chest and grab the nearest thing to a heart you have inside there, and then I'm going to rip it out, and it will make that scene in Alien look like a kid's movie." ~ Jack to Cole
  • "It turns out I have nothing to live for. And everything to die for." ~ Ashe
  • "Deep down I knew you would be my beginning and my end. My moral consciousness began taking shape the moment I met you. In that way, my own soul began. And then when I fell in love with you, my own heart began." ~ Cole to Nikki

Buy on Amazon.com: Evertrue: An Everneath Novel



Reading Bingo: On the Reading Bingo Challenge, I'm going to mark it off on the "book set in another world" square on the young adult card because it takes place in the Everneath, and I can't imagine I'll find another book that easily fits this category that I'd actually care to read.


No comments:

Post a Comment