Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Book #11: Ignite Me

Title: Ignite Me (third and final book in the Shatter Me trilogy)

Author: Tahereh Mafi

Date started reading: March 30, 2014
Date finished reading: April 06, 2014

Publish date: February 2014
ISBN: 978-0062085573
Number of pages: 416

Official summary: "With Omega Point destroyed, Juliette doesn’t know if the rebels, her friends, or even Adam are alive. But that won’t keep her from trying to take down The Reestablishment once and for all. Now she must rely on Warner, the handsome commander of Sector 45. The one person she never thought she could trust. The same person who saved her life. He promises to help Juliette master her powers and save their dying world ... but that’s not all he wants with her." (http://www.taherehbooks.com)

Official book trailer:


How I obtained the book: Checked out of library

My commentary: --

Memorable quotes:
  • “Words, I think, are such unpredictable creatures. No gun, no sword, no army or king will ever be more powerful than a sentence. Swords may cut and kill, but words will stab and stay, burying themselves in our bones to become corpses we carry into the future, all the time digging and failing to rip their skeletons from our flesh.” ~ Juliette
  • “Words are like seeds, I think, planted into our hearts at a tender age. They take root in us as we grow, settling deep into our souls. The good words plant well. They flourish and find homes in our hearts. They build trunks around our spines, steadying us when we’re feeling most flimsy; planting our feet firmly when we’re feeling most unsure. But the bad words grow poorly. Our trunks infest and spoil until we are hollow and housing the interests of others and not our own. We are forced to eat the fruit those words have borne, held hostage by the branches growing arms around our necks, suffocating us to death, one word at a time.” ~ Juliette
  • "Maybe your lady bits are scientifically confused.” ~ Kenji to Juliette
  • “I am no longer afraid of fear, and I will not let it rule me. Fear will learn to fear me.”  ~ Juliette
  • "For so many years I lived in constant terror of myself. Doubt had married my fear and moved into my mind, where it built castles and ruled kingdoms and reigned over me, bowing my will to its whispers until I was little more than an acquiescing peon, too terrified to disobey, too terrified to disagree. I had been shackled, a prisoner in my own mind. But finally, finally, I have learned to break free." ~ Juliette
  • “And we are quotation marks, inverted and upside down, clinging to one another at the end of this life sentence. Trapped by lives we did not choose.” ~ Juliette
  • “I will be unapologetic. I will live with no regrets. I will reach into the earth and rip out the injustice and I will crush it in my bare hands.” 
  • "Water that never moves. Its fine for a little while. You can drink from it and it'll sustain you. But if it sits too long it goes bad. It grows stale. It becomes toxic. I need waves. I need waterfalls. I want rushing currents." ~ Juliette
  • “I’d rather be shot dead screaming for justice than die alone in a prison of my own making.”  ~ Juliette
  • “You’re not an ape. Don’t just throw your shit everywhere.” ~ Kenji to Juliette
  • "I'll buy you a balloon the minute the world stops shitting on itself" 
  • “My heart has just expired and my mind has gone to hell for the day.”  
  • “You’re absurdly, mathematically perfect.” ~ Juliette to Warner
  • “How strange that we can go from friends to inseparable to hateful then casual all in one lifetime.” ~ Juliette about Adam
  • “If we were naked right now, I’d be dead.” ~ Kenji to Juliette  
  • "I have never claimed to live by any set of principles. I've never claimed to be right, or good, or even justified in my actions. I have been forced to do terrible things in my life, love, and I am seeking neither your forgiveness nor your approval. Because I do not have the luxury of philosophizing over scruples when I'm forced to act on basic instinct every day." ~ Warner

Buy on Amazon.com: Ignite Me (Shatter Me)



Reading Bingo: I am marking this book off as "a book with an incredible fight scene" on the Reading Bingo Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment