Friday, September 14, 2012

Book #114: Arise

Title: Arise (book #2 in Hereafter series)

Author: Tara Hudson

Date started reading: Sept. 15, 2012
Date finished reading:  Sept. 18, 2012

Publish date: June 2012
ISBN: 978-0062026798
Number of pages: 416

Official summary: "Increasingly worried that dark spirits will carry out their threats and hurt the people she cares for most, Amelia is ready to try anything to protect them. And for his own very different reasons, Joshua has come to this cemetery at midnight to join her in a powerful ritual. Both know that once Amelia steps inside the Voodoo circle and the beautiful girl from the Conjure Café begins the ceremony, everything will change." (http://tarahudson.com)

Official book trailer:


How I obtained the book: Got a free advanced reader copy through my employer

My commentary:
  • I only thought the first book in this series was great. This one blows the first out of the water. I love how Tara Hudson can take what is basically just a ghost story and make it so breathtaking and addictive. I couldn't predict where the story was going in this book, and ultimately it was like going on an amusement park ride that excites and takes unexpected turns. I can't wait for the third and final book in the trilogy to come out.

Memorable quotes:
  • "When you had a ghost for a girlfriend, you eventually had to choose between the living and the dead. Between a normal life and a haunted one." ~ Amelia
  • "I started to suspect that an empty world waited just beyond this vehicle. A world untouched and blank: not for me to write my story upon, but to disappear into. To fade against, finally, like the ghost I was." ~ Amelia
  • "I kept asking myself the same question: Is it possible for a ghost to go crazy?" ~ Amelia
  • "Amelia Elizabeth Ashley, I say this with affection, but you're totally crazy." ~ Joshua

Buy on Amazon.com: Arise (Hereafter)

No comments:

Post a Comment