Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Book #115: Hide and Seek

Title: Hide and Seek (book #4 in The Lying Game series)

Author: Sara Shepard

Date started reading: Sept. 19, 2012
Date finished reading:  Sept. 20, 2012

Publish date: July 2012
ISBN: 978-0061869761
Number of pages: 304

Official summary: "My friends and I used to play lying games. Now my twin sister is living one. When I was alive, my family seemed picture-perfect. My adoptive parents adored me, and my little sister, Laurel, copied my every move. But now that my long-lost twin, Emma, has taken my place to solve my murder, we’re both learning just how flawed my family really is. Laurel is shooting Emma nasty looks and sneaking around with my ex-boyfriend. And it turns out my parents are keeping a huge secret — could it be the reason I’m dead? How far would they go to keep the truth buried? No one can harm me now, but Emma is still fair game. And if she’s not careful, she’ll end up buried, too." (http://www.harperteen.com)

How I obtained the book: Bought for $10.75 through Walmart's website using a gift card I got free.

My commentary: 
  • This is the best book in the series by far... not that the past ones weren't great, but this one was action-packed and such an emotional rollercoaster. This one is right up there along the lines of the best of the Pretty Little Liars books.
  • Every time I read a book by Sara Shepard, I always think about how messed up something in her life had to have been for her to be able to create such bizarre, devious storylines. 

Memorable quotes:
  • "I'd always thought the afterlife would be like an eternal stay at a resort on St. Barts -- hot French waiters bringing me fruity drinks until the end of time, the azure Caribbean sky in a permanent sunset, a cool ocean breeze tickling my forever tanned skin. It would be my reward for living a full, fabulous, long life. I couldn't have been more wrong." ~ Sutton

Buy on Amazon.com: The Lying Game #4: Hide and Seek

No comments:

Post a Comment