Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Book #14: Winds of Salem

Title: Winds of Salem (Book #3 in the Witches of East End series)

Author: Melissa de la Cruz

Date started reading: May 21, 2014
Date finished reading: May 27, 2014

Publish date: August 2013
ISBN: 978-1401324704
Number of pages: 320

Official summary: "Freya Beauchamp is trapped in 1692, in Salem of all places, with no recollection of her past. A powerful enemy spell has sent her spiraling away so that she is separated by centuries from her mother, Joanna, and sister, Ingrid. This is not good news for a twenty-first-century witch. Not to mention the immediate threat she faces from the wealthy and influential Putnam family. When little Annie Putnam is one of the first to make accusations of witchcraft, her landowner father jumps at the opportunity to consolidate his power and expand his holdings in Puritan Salem Town. If Freya is caught using magic, she will be forced to relive the witch trials, and this time, even her immortality is in question. Meanwhile, twenty-first-century North Hampton has its own snares. Joanna and Norm consult the Oracle for advice, and Freddie and his pixie allies search for a missing totem that could reopen the passages of time and help bring his sister home. When Ingrid bumps into an old flame, she finds that her new love for Detective Matt Noble is in doubt." (http://melissa-delacruz.com)

How I obtained the book: Checked out of library

My pre-reading commentary:
  • I have no idea how I've went almost a year without reading this book. I didn't even realize the third book in this series was out until this week. That shows how little I really like this series. If I don't keep up with all the upcoming books in a series then I really don't care about them. 
  • I was pretty happy with the TV series made based on these books. The show is so much better than the books. I'm excited for the second season of the show, which starts on July 6. The promo for next season looks awesome (watch below)


My post-reading commentary:
  • God, this was so boring. I have to admit that I skipped several chapters because I just couldn't take reading them. The first two books in this series were bad, but this one was horrible. On a scale of 1 to 5 stars, I'd give this a negative 2 stars.

Memorable quotes:
  • "To lose our memory is to lose our identity." ~ James

Buy on Amazon.com: Winds of Salem: A Witches of East End Novel




Reading Bingo: On the Reading Bingo Challenge I am going to mark this book off as "a book by a female author" on the normal bingo card. It's the first square I've knocked off the normal card, and I'm sure it's the easiest category to match.



No comments:

Post a Comment