Author: Hilary Duff
Date started reading: Aug. 19, 2012
Date finished reading: Aug. 21, 2012
Publish date: June 2011
Number of pages: 336
Official summary: "Clea Raymond is a talented photojournalist and the daughter of high-profile parents. Usually she’s in total control of her camera, but after Clea’s father disappears while on a humanitarian mission, eerie, shadowy images of a strange and handsome young man begin to appear in Clea’s photos — a man she has never seen in her life. When Clea suddenly encounters this man in person she is stunned — and feels an immediate and powerful connection. As they grow closer, they are drawn deep into the mystery behind her father’s disappearance and discover the centuries-old truth behind their intense bond. Torn by a dangerous love triangle and haunted by a powerful secret that holds their fate, together they race against time to unravel their past in order to save their future — and their lives." (http://books.simonandschuster.com)
Official book trailer:
How I obtained the book: Bought for $2.70 at used book store. (It's actually a publisher's remainder book, not a used book)
- I wasn't sure how good this book would be considering that it was written by an actress/singer. Normally when celebrities decide to write books, they aren't great. But this book was awesome. I loved the entire storyline, even if I normally don't go in for reincarnation stories.
- One thing that cracked me up was when Rayna calls Sage "Hottie McDreamMan."
- "The right guy for me is someone who lives his passions, not someone on a scavenger hunt to find them." ~ Clea
- "Fire is magnetic -- an almost illicit combination of destructive force and awe-inspiring beauty." ~ Clea
- "I started feeling like my regular life was the fantasy, and the gut-wrenching dreams were real life." ~ Clea
- "Eternal life is useless without eternal youth." ~ Magda
- "I stared at my face in the mirror. It didn't look like me. I wondered when it had happened. When had I changed so completely inside that I couldn't even recognize myself?" ~ Clea
Buy on Amazon.com: Elixir