Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Book #123: Hidden

Title: Hidden (book #10 of the "House of Night" series)

Author: P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

Date started reading: Oct. 24, 2012
Date finished reading:  Oct. 26, 2012

Publish date: October 2012
ISBN: 978-0312594428
Number of pages: 320

Official summary: "Neferet’s true nature has been revealed to the Vampyre High Council, so Zoey and the gang might finally get some help in defending themselves and their beloved school against a gathering evil that grows stronger every day. And they’ll need it, because Neferet’s not going down without a fight. Chaos reigns at the House of Night." (http://www.houseofnightseries.com)

Book "trailer:"


How I obtained the book: Pre-ordered for $13.82 from DoubleDay Book Club

My commentary:  I've been disappointed with some of the books of this series. They're often so cheesy that they annoy me, but this one was the best of the second half of the series. I was pleasantly surprised by how good this one is.

Memorable quotes:
  • "But, Zoey, life isn't black and white or true and false, and neither are people." ~ Shaylin
  • "Neferet loathed dogs almost as much as she loathed men." 
  • "My life is Crazy Town." ~ Zoey
  • "You're not Crazy Town. You're Crazy Metropolis. Hell, Z, you're Crazy Universe. But I like me some crazy." ~ Stark to Zoey
  • "Neferet is only loyal to herself." ~ Rephaim
  • "Being immortal you might not have realized this, but life is a lesson." ~ Thanatos to Kalona
  • "I ain't Dr. Phil, but I'm smart." ~ Kramisha
  • "Chaos burns -- people, vampyres, society. The victor who emerges from those ashes controls the world. I will be that victor." ~ Neferet
  • "Humans don't look up. That was one thing that had not changed as the world aged. Man had conquered the sky, and yet unless there was a brilliant sunset or a full, gleaming moon to gaze upon, humans rarely glanced above their heads." ~ Kalona

Buy on Amazon.com: Hidden (House of Night)

No comments:

Post a Comment