Friday, October 26, 2012

Book #124: Finale

Title: Finale (fourth and final book in the Hush Hush series)

Author: Becca Fitzpatrick

Date started reading: Oct. 29, 2012
Date finished reading:  Nov. 3, 2012

Publish date: October 2012
ISBN: 978-1442426672
Number of pages: 464

Official summary: "Nora is more certain than ever that she is in love with Patch. Fallen angel or no, he is the one for her. Her heritage and destiny may mean they are fated to be enemies, but there is no turning her back on him. Now Nora and Patch must gather their strength to face one last, perilous trial. Old enemies return, new enemies are made, and a friend's ultimate betrayal threatens the peace Patch and Nora so desperately want. The battle lines are drawn — but which sides are they on? And in the end, are there some obstacles even love can't conquer?" (simonandschuster.com)

Official book trailer:


How I obtained the book: Pre-ordered for $11.73 from Walmart using a giftcard I got for my birthday

My commentary:  I'm a little surprised that this book/series ended with a happy ending. I fully expected Patch to die and leave readers sad. I should've known better. I wanted a sad ending for some reason.

Memorable quotes:
  • "Next time I'm in the market for a best friend, remind me to shy away from the Energizer Bunny." ~ Nora
  • "Patch is the last person you want to antagonize. He doesn't hold grudges, because the people who cross him tend to disappear quickly."Nora
  • "If I could have any trophy displayed on my dresser, I wouldn't voluntarily choose one for corrupting people's minds." ~ Nora
  • "If you touch my cell phone again, I'll pee in your Cheerios." ~ Marcie to Nora
  • "I can handle a lot of things, but an unproductive day isn't one of them." ~ Patch
  • "You're mine, Angel. Every last piece of you. I won't let anything change that." ~ Patch to Nora
  • "You dress to impress." ~ Nora
    "No, Angel. I undress to impress." ~ Patch

Buy on Amazon.com: Finale (Hush, Hush)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment