Author: Jocelyn Davies
Date started reading: January 9, 2014
Date finished reading: January 14, 2014
Publish date: September 2013
Number of pages: 368
Official summary: "Since the night of her seventeenth birthday, Skye has been torn between two opposites: light and dark, the Order and the Rebellion, Devin and Asher. But her decision shocked both sides — because she chose neither. With the help of her friends, Skye forges her own path, setting out to gather an uprising of Rogues. The treacherous and elusive half-angels may be the key to maintaining the balance of fate and free will. But completing the mission her parents left unfinished is more difficult — and dangerous — than she could have imagined. And doing so comes at a cost: her greatest love may now be a lethal enemy. Because it’s not just the Order that sees Skye as a threat who must be eliminated. The Rebellion does, too. And both sides will do whatever it takes to win. Dark days lie ahead, and if Skye is to survive, she’ll need to rely on her extraordinary powers and the strength of her will. Because she has a future — and a love — that’s worth fighting for. The sweeping, darkly romantic story that began with A Beautiful Dark and gathered intensity in A Fractured Light comes to a thrilling conclusion in A Radiant Sky." (http://jocelyndavies.com)
How I obtained the book: I had pre-ordered the book for $11.98 through Barnes & Noble using a giftcard I got free from Plink.com, but then in January I won an autographed copy from the author's website.
My commentary: --
- "When you like someone, you have to allow yourself to be vulnerable enough to let them in. Love is messy."
- "I'm holding out for a hot zombie."
- "I...have been in that weird state between dreaming and waking, where dreams could be memories and the real world could be a dream."
- "It's a misconception that you need a heart to love."
- "Love. The great destroyer of worlds."
- "I am always torn. Between control and chaos; passion and tranquility. Between what's fated and what I want. Part of me longs to take the plunge, to dive off headfirst and let the feeling of control evaporate on the wind. And part of me wants to be in a place where I'd never have to worry about that choice -- or any choice. Where peace and calm are the only things I'd feel."
- "I couldn't make a choice between chaos and control. Not because it had been made for me. But because there was no choice to make. It wasn't one or the other. They were both inside me. They were both a part of me. I was nothing without both sides. Take one away and I would fall." ~ Skye
- "I love Colorado. The mountains are so passionate. They just make me want to run to the top and yell obscene things to the valleys below." ~ Ardith
Reading Bingo: While this book fits plenty of categories on the Reading Bingo Challenge (female heroine, high school, last book in a trilogy, incredible fight scene), I'm going to mark it off on the "a book set in a high school" square on the young adult card. Many of the scenes happen at a school, and I think this square could be hard to mark off later in the year.