Thursday, January 23, 2014

Book #3: Unspoken

Title: Unspoken (book #2 in The Salvation trilogy in The Vampire Diaries series)

Author: "Created by L.J. Smith, Written by Aubrey Clark)

Date started reading: January 23, 2014
Date finished reading: February, 3, 2014

Publish date: November 2013
ISBN: 978-1612184623
Number of pages: 308

Official summary: "Elena Gilbert’s entire world has shattered in a single moment. Her true love, Stefan, is dead, staked through the heart by their so-called friend Jack. Now the only thing Elena cares about is destroying Jack and his race of scientifically created vampires. But Jack’s creations are impossible to kill — immune to sunlight, stakes, and every traditional weapon against vampires. Elena and Damon set out to uncover the mystery of Jack’s dark past in hopes of finding his weakness. As they spend more time together, Elena and Damon can’t deny that their connection is stronger than ever. Can she face her feelings for him without betraying Stefan’s memory, or are some things better left unspoken?" (Amazon.com)

How I obtained the book: Ordered for $9.98 from Amazon using a giftcard I got free through Plink.com

My commentary:
  • I really get sick of being told to tweet things with specific hastags, and this book does it at the end of almost every chapter, as with the last book in the series. They need to quit that. If I want to tweet, I'll tweet. 
  • This was, by far, the best of this series since the first four books. I continue to be pleased with what Aubrey Clark is doing with the books. This one kept me interested right through to the end, and boy that ending just made me want to scream. Can't wait for the next one.

Memorable quotes:
  • "Without Stefan, it's like I'm dead, too." ~ Elena
  • "Damon was a Salvatore -- the last one of the Salvatores, now -- and that meant he wasn't afraid of anything."

Buy on Amazon.com: The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation: Unspoken



Reading Bingo: While this book fits plenty of categories on the Reading Bingo Challenge, I'm going to mark it off on the "a book based on a myth" square on the young adult card. Vampires, of course, are myths.


No comments:

Post a Comment