Sunday, January 22, 2012

Book #10: The Passion

Title: The Passion (Book #3 of the Dark Visions series)

Author: L.J. Smith

Date started reading: Jan. 22, 2012
Date finished reading: Jan. 23, 2012

Publish date: Originally 1995, omnibus edition published in 2009
ISBN: 978-1-4169-8956-1
Number of pages: 239 in The Passion, 732 in omnibus edition with all three books

Official summary: "Finally having found a weapon with which to fight Dr. Zetes, Kaitlyn and the others return to the Zetes Institute. But no one is ever exactly what they seem, and the triple-twist ending of the book has one of Kait’s suitors backing off, seeing the passion she shares with the other." (http://www.ljanesmith.net/www/author/booklist)

How I obtained the book: Bought for $4.99 from used book store. This was a publisher's remainder book, so it wasn't actually a used book

My commentary: I've decided my problem with this series is that I had too high of expectations. I kept seeing positive reviews and know that it was a best-selling series, so I thought it would be great. I've been relatively disappointed, but I might not have been had I not gotten my hopes up. I need to remember to keep my expectations low. Overall, I do like how "The Passion" ends. It was a great way to end a series. I don't regret reading the book, but I do wish I would've found a way to get it cheaper. I don't normally spend $5 on books, so whenever I do, I want to be really happy with them

Buy on Amazon.com: Dark Visions: The Strange Power; The Possessed; The Passion


No comments:

Post a Comment