Author: Richelle Mead
Date started reading: Feb. 06, 2012
Date finished reading: Feb. 09, 2012
Publish date: April 2008
Number of pages: 336
Official summary: "Rose Hathaway's got serious guy trouble. Her gorgeous tutor Dimitri has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason has a huge crush on her, and she keeps getting stuck in her best friend Lissa's head while she's making out with her boyfriend, Christian. (So not cool). Then a massive Strigoi attack puts St. Vladimir's on high alert, and the Academy crawls with Guardians--including the legendary Janine Hathaway...Rose's formidable, long-absent mother. The Strigoi are closing in, and the Academy's not taking any risks. This year, St. Vlad's annual holiday ski trip is mandatory. But the glittering winter landscape and the posh Idaho resort only provide the illusion of safety. When three students run away to strike back against the deadly Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them. Only this time, Rose--and her heart--are in more danger than she ever could have imagined..." (http://www.richellemead.com/)
How I obtained the book: Received through the Paperback Swap book club. (I had to pay to mail a book to another member in order to receive a credit to request this book)
- "Things die. But they don't always stay dead. Believe me, I know." ~ Rose
- "I tend to punch first and then find out who I actually hit later." ~ Rose
- "I didn’t think my day could get any worse until my best friend told me she might be going crazy. Again." ~ Rose
- By the way, my name's Rose Hathaway. I'm seventeen years old, training to protect and kill vampires, in love with a completely unsuitable guy, and have a best friend whose weird magic could drive her crazy. Hey, no one said high school was easy." ~ Rose
- "If you'd teach me to swear in Russian, I might have a new appreciation for it."
~ Rose to Dimitri
- "Rich people suck." ~ Rose
- "You're one of those people who either has soul mates or mortal enemies, aren't you? No in-between." ~ Adrian to Rose
- "Karma's a real bitch." ~ Rose
- Since the release of this book, every single time I saw the cover of this book in the store, it always reminded me of a photo from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." It's pretty similar to that photo because there was a pretty young girl in the front with her head tilted just so with an attractive, somewhat creepy looking guy behind her. Obviously there are differences between the photos, but I just can't stop comparing them
- I absolutely love Richelle Mead's writing. It's totally addictive. I almost literally want to sink my teeth into these books. Once I start reading, I don't want to put her books down even for a minute.
- This book has one of the saddest happy endings I've ever read. It had just enough good to be considered a happy ending, but dear God, it was so sad...
Buy on Amazon.com: Frostbite (Vampire Academy, Book 2)