Thursday, February 9, 2012

Book #20: Shadow Kiss

Title: Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, Book 3)

Author: Richelle Mead

Date started reading: Feb. 09, 2012
Date finished reading: Feb. 12, 2012

Publish date: November 2008
ISBN: 978-1595141972
Number of pages: 448

Official summary: "It's springtime at St. Vladimir's Academy, and Rose Hathaway is this close to graduation. Since making her first Strigoi kills, Rose hasn't been feeling quite right. She's having dark thoughts, behaving erratically, and worst of all...might be seeing ghosts. As Rose questions her sanity, new complications arise. Lissa has begun experimenting with her magic once more, their enemy Victor Dashkov might be set free, and Rose's forbidden relationship with Dimitri is starting to heat up again. But when a deadly threat no one saw coming changes their entire world, Rose must put her own life on the line--and choose between the two people she loves most." (http://www.richellemead.com/)

How I obtained the book: Received through the Paperback Swap book club. (I had to pay to mail a book to another member in order to receive a credit to request this book)

Memorable quotes:
  • "I was testing dorm security. It sucks." ~ Rose to Dimitri
  • "Oh my God. A kind word from Rose Hathaway, I can die a happy man." ~ Adrian. "What are you saying that I'm normally an ungrateful bitch?" ~ Rose
  • "You two are a match made in heaven. Or somewhere." ~ Victor to Rose and Dimitri
  • "And I thought the whole point of my education was that violence is the answer." ~ Rose
  • "Rose is in red But never in blue Sharp as a thorn Fights like one too." ~ Adrian

My commentary: I think the story of Rose and Dimitri is one of the best modern day paranormal love stories (if not the absolute best). I am totally in love with their love story

Buy on Amazon.com: Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, Book 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment