Thursday, February 16, 2012

Book #24: Bloodlines

Title: Bloodlines

Author: Richelle Mead

Date started reading: Feb. 16, 2012
Date finished reading: Feb. 18, 2012

Publish date: August 2011
ISBN: 978-1595143174
Number of pages: 432

Official summary: "Blood doesn't lie... Sydney is an alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of human and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives. When Sydney is torn from her bed in the middle of the night, at first she thinks she's still being punished for her complicated alliance with dhampir Rose Hathaway. But what unfolds is far worse. Jill Dragomir - the sister of Moroi Queen Lissa Dragomir - is in mortal danger, and the Moroi must send her into hiding. To avoid a civil war, Sydney is called upon to act as Jill's guardian and protector, posing as her roommate in the last place anyone would think to look for vampire royalty - a human boarding school in Palm Springs, California. But instead of finding safety at Amberwood Prep, Sydney discovers the drama is only just beginning..." (http://www.richellemead.com)

Official book "trailer:"


How I obtained the book: Checked out of library
  • UPDATE: Ended up buying for $9.58 from Barnes & Noble on March 20

Memorable quotes:
  • "The greatest changes in history have come because people were able to shake off what others told them to do." ~ Adrian
  • "The complications just kept growing. Repeat high school. Live with a vampire. Keep her in witness protection. And even thought I'd talked up how comfortable I was around vampires, the thought of sharing a room with one ... was unnerving." ~ Sydney
  • "I didn't trust any guy who used more (hair) styling products than I did." ~ Sydney about Keith
  • "The next time you decide to go rogue with vampires and dhampirs, get a little back up so you don't get in as much trouble." ~ Keith to Sydney
  • "The Alchemists' job was important. Knowing vampires existed would create a panic. Worse, it could drive some weak-willed humans into becoming slaves to the Strigoi in exchange for immortality and the eventual corruption of their souls." ~ Sydney
  • "He's a few pints short of  a blood bank" ~ Keith about Clarence
  • "If I'd learned anything, it was that things were never simple when Abe Mazur was involved. He was a puppet master of sorts. He not only wanted to observe things, he also wanted to control them." ~ Sydney
  • "Everything's about my personal entertainment. The world is my stage. Keep it up -- you're becoming a star performer in the show." ~ Adrian to Sydney
  • "Never thought my biggest cheerleader would be someone who thought I was evil and unnatural." ~ Adrian to Sydney
  • "My high school experience wouldn't be complete without the quintessential football hype." ~ Sydney

My commentary: I wasn't sure how I'd feel about starting this book considering how much I loved the "Vampire Academy" series. I figured it would just barely mention Rose and Dimitri from the original series, but they both actually play a part in this storyline, even if they're small parts. I didn't like Sydney all that much in the original series, but she grew on me very quickly with this book. I'll be looking forward to the next book which comes out in several months that's for sure

Buy on Amazon.com: Bloodlines


No comments:

Post a Comment