Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Book #22: Spirit Bound

Title: Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, Book 5)

Author: Richelle Mead

Date started reading: Feb. 15, 2012
Date finished reading:  Feb. 15, 2012

Publish date: May 2010
ISBN: 978-1595142504
Number of pages: 496

Official summary: "Dimitri gave Rose the ultimate choice. But she chose wrong... After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri’s birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir’s — and to her best friend, Lissa. It is nearly graduation, and the girls can’t wait for their real lives beyond the Academy’s iron gates to begin. But Rose’s heart still aches for Dimitri, and he's out there, somewhere. She failed to kill him when she had the chance. And now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and she knows in her heart that he is hunting her. And if Rose won't join him, he won't rest until he's silenced her... forever." (http://www.richellemead.com)

Official book "trailer:"


How I obtained the book: Checked out of library
  • UPDATE: Ended up buying for $2 at Friends of the Library charity booksale on Feb. 26

Memorable quotes:
  •  "There's a big difference between death threats and love letters -- even if the person writing the death threats still claims to love you." ~ Rose
  • "One of the few downsides to being awakened is that we no longer require sleep; therefore we also no longer dream. It's a shame, because if I could dream, I know I'd dream about you." ~ Dimitri
  • "It figured. Undead creatures didn’t surprise me, but one flippant royal moroi could." ~ Rose
  • "You want diamonds? I’ll give you diamonds. I’ll shower you in them. Hell, I’ll get you a gown made out of them. But it’s going to be skimpy." ~ Adrian
  • "This is going to sound really weird ... well, maybe not compared to my normal weirdness." ~ Rose
  • "That which is dead doesn't always stay dead..." ~ Robert
  • "Sorry. My eternity doesn't involve being part of the undead mafia." ~ Rose
  • "You're beautiful in battle. Like an avenging angel come to deliver the justice of heaven." ~ Dimitri to Rose
  • "That was the best not-sex ever." ~ Adrian


My commentary: The book series starts out awesome and just gets better and better as it goes. I'll be sad when I finish the sixth and last book in this series. At least there is the spinoff series "Bloodlines" to move onto after this one, but it will never be the same. I don't want to leave Dimitri and Rose's love story behind...

Buy on Amazon.com: Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, Book 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment