Author: Lauren Kate
Date started reading: May 19, 2012
Date finished reading: May 20, 2012
Publish date: June 2011
Number of pages: 432
Official summary: "Luce would die for Daniel. And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn’t need to be that way. ... Luce is certain that something — or someone — in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of this lifetime… going back eternities to witness firsthand her romances with Daniel ... and finally unlock the key to making their love last. Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared pasts, terrified of what might happen if she rewrites history. Because their romance for the ages could go up in flames ... forever." (http://www.randomhouse.com/teens/fallen/books.php)
Official book trailers:
How I obtained the book: Bought for $7.64 at used book store
- "Good or evil. Enemy or friend. They should have been easier to separate, but nothing was easy anymore. Everything that had once been black and white now blended into gray." ~ Luce
- "A close study of every inch of (Daniel's) skin would reveal only two small scars: two fine white lines above his shoulder blades where his wings unfurled. All of the fallen angels acquired these scars when they took their human bodies. In a way, the scars were all any of them had to show for themselves. ... For Daniel, an existence without scars was just another indication that his destiny was out of his hands."
- "You could fill a book with all the things you don't know, girl. In fact -- I think someone may have already written it." ~ Bill to Luce
- "The boundaries between 'good' and 'evil' have been blurred by millennia of free will." ~ Bill
- "You are a bull in the china shop of love." ~ Roland to Luce
- "Time tidies up after itself." ~ Roland
- "Honey, Daniel loving the real you is the last thing you should be worried about. You're freaking soul mates. You two coined the phrase." ~ Bill
- "For Daniel, their love was as much a part of him as his wings. But for Luce, it must be different. She didn't have access to the splendor of their love. Only its fiery end. Every moment would be an utter revelation."
- "Think of me as your travel agent, and of yourself as on vacation!" ~ Bill
"We're not on vacation, Bill." ~ Luce
"We're not? I thought we were taking the Grand Tour of Love." ~ Bill
- "Desperation and Announcer-travel do not mix well. Like pickles and chocolate." ~ Bill
- "Suicide was a mortal luxury not afforded to angels."
- "Free will. It's all the rage these days." ~ Cam
- "There are snobs in every lifetime." ~ Bill
- "Only crazies talk to their invisible gargoyles, and crazies don't get invited to many balls." ~ Bill to Luce
- "Luce would happily die a thousand times just as long as she could be with (Daniel) again on the other side."
- "The beauty of our love endures death, endures everything." ~ Luce
- "(Daniel) wore the ball and chain of a prisoner -- but the real jailer here was his own guilt."
- "Life is a nightmare." ~ past-life Daniel
- "Expect chaos. Embrace chaos." ~ Bill
- "Daniel's love for (Luce) was one long, uninterrupted stream. It was the purest form of love."
- "Our world isn't rooted in teleology. It's chaos." ~ Cam
- "Not all of us are lucky enough to be bound to our lover by a curse." ~ past-life Cam
- "Can't a gargoyle enjoy a nice cup of jasmine tea without coming back to find that his charge has dug her own grave?" ~ Bill
- "Grow up, Luce. There's more to life than teenage passion." ~ Bill
- "Nothing stays the same forever." ~ Daniel
- "I'll love you with all my heart, in every life, through every death. I will not be bound by anything but my love for you. ... One day, our love will conquer this dark cycle. That's worth everything to me." ~ Daniel to Luce
- "Some people spent their entire lives looking for love like this. Luce had had it all along."
- "Every touch was rapture." ~ Luce
- "I will wait for you as long as it takes. I will love you every moment across time." ~ Daniel to Luce
- "Some people are just unlucky in love." ~ Satan
- "Fear has envy in it somewhere." ~ Satan
- "Love is the only thing worth fighting for." ~ Daniel
- The ending of this book did not shock me one bit, but it was so amazing that I was left "fan-girling" like never before in my life. I can't wait until the final book in the saga "Rapture" arrives in a few weeks.
- I keep thinking about how awesome this book would be portrayed on a movie screen. Luce keeps coming face-to-face with her past lives, and Daniel talks to himself in the past too. That would be so interesting shown on screen. Plus, there'd be so many beautiful period costumes.
- It took until this book for me to really see Daniel as the ultimate right person for Luce. I think I needed the journey through her past lives as much as she did.
- Present-day Luce is a really good example of a strong woman. She's unwilling to just accept a life/love with Daniel because that's what "feels" right to her. She questions things. She won't accept going into love blindly. The angels keep talking about how God gave them free will, and that really seems to be what Luce is in search of. She wants to know that she still has the freedom to choose her path in life even if there is a "curse" on her and Daniel.
Buy on Amazon.com: Passion (Fallen)