Sunday, May 27, 2012

Book #77: Silence

Title: Silence (Book #3 of the Hush Hush series)

Author: Becca Fitzpatrick

Date started reading: May 28, 2012
Date finished reading:  May 29, 2012

Publish date: October 2011
ISBN: 978-1442426641
Number of pages: 448

Official summary: "The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past ... bridged two irreconcilable worlds ... faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust ... and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for — and their love — forever." (http://beccafitzpatrick.com)

Official book trailers:



How I obtained the book: Checked out of library
UPDATE on June 26, 2012: I ended up getting a copy of the book through PaperBackSwap.com

Memorable quotes:
  • "I've sworn off guys. If I need romance, that's what Netflix is for." ~ Vee
  • "If I lose you, I lose everything." ~ Patch to Nora
  • "The truth is, normal might take years. Normal might never happen." ~ Nora
  • "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to figure out how to live my life again." ~ Nora
  • "Seeing the color black was one thing, but making out with it was taking it to a whole 'nother level. I had to stop haunting myself this way. If I kept it up any longer, I was genuinely going to doubt my sanity." ~ Nora
  • "Vee never needed a reason to do something stupid. Sad thing was, most of the time I didn't either." ~ Nora
  • "I'm not particularly fond of getting stabbed in the back." ~ Nora
    "I wouldn't stab you in the back. Not on something this serious." ~ Marcie
    "Note to self: Marcie is only a backstabber on trival things." ~ Nora
  • "Anything was better than nothing. Half-full was better than empty. Ignorance was the lowest form of humiliation and suffering." ~ Nora
  • "When I watched Lifetime original movies, it took me a day or two to get over the idea that the cute boy next door is actually a serial killer." ~ Nora
  • "Erasing someone's memory isn't as easy as it sounds. It's like trying to pick all the chocolate chips out of a cookie. It's never going to be perfect. Pieces get left behind." ~ Patch
  • "For every law, there's someone out there willing to break it." ~ Patch
  • "The term 'burn in hell' isn't a figure of speech." ~ Patch
  • "You gotta play dirty to win." ~ Marcie 
  • "Don't take this the wrong way, but I've been checking up on you now and then. I needed to know the best times to contact you. By the way, your social life is pathetic." ~ Scott to Nora
  • "You're starting to make this sound like a role reversal of Beauty and the Beast. We all know you're beautiful, Scott." ~ Nora
  • "Dogs are people too, you know." ~ Marcie
  • "God moves in mysterious ways. You move like lightning -- here one moment, gone the next." ~ Nora to Patch
  • "A few months of freedom is better than a lifetime in prison." ~ Patch
  • "I would do anything for you, even if it means going against my instincts or my very nature. I would lay down everything I possess, even my soul, for you. If that isn't love, it's the best I have." ~ Patch to Nora
  • "I can't decide if your naivete is adorable, or if I want to smack some sense into you." ~ Dabria to Nora
  • "I wondered if I'd ever see this side of Patch. I wondered if there even was an end to the many sides of Patch. The more I thought I knew him, the more the mystery deepened." ~ Nora
  • "I had to sacrifice my own love for the interest of my entire race. ... My life has been defined by difficult choices. I won't stop making them tonight." ~ Hank

My commentary: This was so vastly better than "Crescendo." It restored my faith in this series. I'm still not all swoony about Patch like a lot of fans of this series because I still think the good in him doesn't outweigh all the bad, but he's growing on me.

Buy on Amazon.com: Silence (Hush, Hush Saga)

No comments:

Post a Comment