Monday, March 5, 2012

Book #31: Hunted

Title: Hunted (Book #5 of the "House of Night" series)

Author: P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

Date started reading: March 05, 2012
Date finished reading: March 07, 2012

Publish date: March 2010
ISBN: 978-0312577995
Number of pages: 336

Official summary: What if the hottest guy in the world was hiding a nameless evil, and all he wanted was you? At the start of this heart-pounding new installment of the bestselling House of Night series, Zoey’s friends have her back again and Stevie Rae and the red fledglings aren’t Neferet’s secrets any longer. But an unexpected danger has emerged. Neferet guards her powerful new consort, Kalona, and no one at the House of Night seems to understand the threat he poses. Kalona looks gorgeous, and he has the House of Night under his spell. A past life holds the key to breaking his rapidly spreading influence, but what if this past life shows Zoey secrets she doesn’t want to hear and truths she can’t face? (http://www.houseofnightseries.com)

Official book "trailer:"



How I obtained the book: Received through the Paperback Swap book club. (I had to pay to mail a book to another member in order to receive a credit to request this book)

Memorable quotes:
  • "My mama told me don't trust no white boy, even a pretty one. I'm thinkin' a pretty white boy with wings explodin' up from the ground in a mess of blood and ugly-ass bird things is double trouble." ~ Kramisha
  • "I would tell you that you looked really hot today when I saw you naked, but that probably wouldn't be appropriate, being as we're in bed together but not doing anything." ~ Stark
  • "As your girlfriend, you've just pissed me off. As your High Priestess, you've just insulted me. And as someone with a working brain, you've made me wonder if you've lost every bit of your sense." ~ Zoey
  • "Reality shows could make the world a better place and bring peace to all mankind." ~ Zoey
  • "Have credit cards, will decorate." ~ Aphrodite
  • "Aphrodite -- she crazy even when she not drunk and Imprinted" ~ Kramisha
  • "Last time I saw you, I said that it hurt too much to love you. But I was wrong about that. The truth is it hurts too much not to love you." ~ Heath to Zoey
  • "Life isn't a book, Heath! There's no guarantee of a happy ending." ~ Zoey
  • "Pain was good. If I hurt, it meant I wasn't dead." ~ Zoey
  • "You could stick a fork in me and call me so done with all this stress." ~ Zoey
  • "The world is falling apart. It's really okay to cuss a little." ~ Aphrodite. "The world falling apart isn't an excuse to take up bad habits." ~ Zoey
  • "I do not belong to you. I don't belong to anyone expect myself and Nyx." ~ Zoey to Kalona
  • "What is so wonderful about free will? Humans eternally misuse it. Life can be so much happier without it." ~ Kalona
  • "Purses are my spiders. Really big spiders you can open up and they're filled with a whole nest of baby spiders." ~ Stark
  • "Battle scars from the war of good versus evil have a unique beauty all their own." ~ Lenobia
  • "Here's the life lesson I've really been learning: If you have good friends, no matter how much life is sucking, they can make you laugh." ~ Zoey

My commentary: I can honestly say that even though I have issues with it, I'm totally obsessed with this series. I can't stop reading it or thinking about it when I'm not actually reading.

Buy on Amazon.com: Hunted (House of Night)


No comments:

Post a Comment