Author: P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
Date started reading: March 14, 2012
Date finished reading: March 14, 2012
Publish date: July 2011
Number of pages: 160
Official summary: "In early 19th century England Bryan Lankford is a troublesome yet talented human teen who thinks he can get away with anything… until his father, a wealthy nobleman, has finally had enough, and banishes him to America. When Bryan is Marked on the docks and given the choice between the London House of Night and the dragon-prowed ship to America, he chooses the Dragon – and a brand new fate. Becoming a Fledgling may be exciting, but it opens a door to a dangerous world…. In 1830’s St. Louis, the Gateway to the West, Dragon Lankford becomes a Sword Master, and soon realizes there are both frightening challenges and beautiful perks. Like Anastasia, the captivating young Professor of Spells and Rituals at the Tower Grove House of Night, who really should have nothing to do with a fledgling... But when a dark power threatens, Dragon is caught in its focus. Though his uncanny fighting skills make him a powerful fledgling, is he strong enough to ward off evil, while protecting Anastasia as well? Will his choices save her — or destroy them all?" (http://www.houseofnightseries.com)
How I obtained the book: Checked out of library (I will however be buying a copy of my own at some point once I can find a cheap copy)
- UPDATE: Ended up buying a copy for $5.84 at used book store on March 29
- "When all else fails, turn to duty!" ~ Dragon
- "Love cannot be bespelled or coerced." ~ Pandeia
- "Sometimes a vampyre has to do some boasting to get a priestess to notice him." ~ Dragon
- I didn't set out planning to read this book, but I've gotten so addicted to the main series in the last couple weeks that I decided to go ahead and read this one. This novella is interesting because it includes drawings throughout the book made specifically to go along with the story. None of the main books have artwork contained within the pages. It's an intriguing addition
- I think it would have been helpful to read this between Awakened and Destined (books 8 and 9 of the main series) instead of after Destined. This novella is told in mostly a flashback, but it's an event that happens in Awakened that triggers the flashback, and the flashback really sets up what happens to Dragon in Destined.
- This book is a very cute and interesting. It was nice to learn about how Dragon and Anastasia met and fell in love and to see how Dragon became the warrior he ended up being.
Buy on Amazon.com: Dragon's Oath (House of Night)