Author: P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
Date started reading: March 07, 2012
Date finished reading: March 08, 2012
Publish date: May 2011
Number of pages: 336
Official summary: "So… you’d think after banishing an immortal being and a fallen High Priestess, saving Stark’s life, biting Heath, getting a headache from Erik, and almost dying, Zoey Redbird would catch a break. Sadly, a break is not in the House of Night school forecast for the High Priestess in training and her gang. Juggling three guys is anything but a stress reliever, especially when one of them is a sexy Warrior who is so into protecting Zoey that he can sense her emotions. Speaking of stress, the dark force lurking in the tunnels under the Tulsa Depot is spreading, and Zoey is beginning to believe Stevie Rae could be responsible for a lot more than a group of misfit red fledglings. Aphrodite’s visions warn Zoey to stay away from Kalona and his dark allure, but they also show that it is Zoey who has the power to stop the evil immortal. Soon it becomes obvious that Zoey has no choice: if she doesn’t go to Kalona he will exact a fiery vengeance on those closest to her. Will Zoey have the courage to chance losing her life, her heart, and her soul?" (http://www.houseofnightseries.com)
Official book "trailer:"
How I obtained the book: Received through the Paperback Swap book club. (I had to pay to mail a book to another member in order to receive a credit to request this book)
- "If I shot an arrow and thought about an ass, would it surprise you that I hit Erik?" ~ Stark
- "Oh, don't mind me. I talk to myself. Even when I'm not alone. It's kinda like my own version of therapy." ~ Stevie Rae
- "'Holy crap' is that a curse? 'Cause if it is, I'm afraid I'm going to have to wake up the Potty Mouth Police and have them make an arrest." ~ Aphrodite to Zoey
- "Suddenly I was feeling very guy-claustrophobic. I mean, a buffet of boys sounds like a good idea in theory, but I was quickly finding out that, much like straight-leg designer jeans, it's only in theory that the idea is good." ~ Zoey
- "Here's what happens when your city loses light: it doesn't look right. It sounds simplistic, especially coming from a kid who is supposed to be one of the children of the night or whatnot, but the world doesn't look the same when the lights go out." ~ Zoey
- "Life's about messing up. And I'm startin' to think it wouldn't be exciting if we were perfect." ~ Stevie Rae
- This book is different from the ones before it because it is told from the point of view of six characters: Zoey, Stevie Rae, Aphrodite, Rephaim, Heath and Stark, instead of just Zoey's perspective.
Buy on Amazon.com: Tempted (House of Night)