Author: Melissa de la Cruz
Date started reading: April 02, 2012
Date finished reading: April 03, 2012
Publish date: October 2008
Number of pages: 272
Official summary: "Have you ever wondered what secrets lurk behind the closed doors of New York City’s wealthiest families? They’re powerful, they’re famous… they’re undead. Schuyler Van Alen’s blood legacy has just been called into question — is the young vampire in fact a Blue Blood, or is it the sinister Silver Blood that runs through her veins? As controversy swirls, Schuyler is left stranded in the Force household, trapped under the same roof as her cunning nemesis, Mimi Force, and her forbidden crush, Jack Force. When an ancient place of power is breached by Silver Bloods in Rio de Janeiro, however, the Blue Bloods will need Schuyler on their side. The stakes are high; the battle is bloody; and through it all, Schuyler is torn between love and passion, duty and freedom. And in the end, one vampire’s secret identity will be exposed in a revelation that shocks everyone."
How I obtained the book: Bought for $2.99 at thrift store
My commentary: When the summary says that the vampire's secret identity will shock everyone, boy was it right. All I can say is HOLY SHIT. That was amazing. I can't believe it. I didn't see it coming. This was a amazingly awesome book from the start to finish. I'm left in total awe
- "Ignore (Mimi)." ~ Bliss
"It's hard to do. It's like pretending global warming doesn't exist." ~ Schuyler
- "When you were alive for thousands of years, taking a new moniker after another, names became like gift wrapping. Something decorative that you answered to."
- "(Schulyer) used to hate the taste of whiskey but lately had developed a liking for it. It was fiery and sweet and succulent -- the closest thing you could get to the taste of blood. Oliver had once asked her to describe what it tasted like, since he didn't see the appeal. To him, blood tasted metallic and faintly sweet. Schuyler explained that vampires tasted blood with a different sense -- it was like drinking fire. Hence, her newfound love of whiskey."
- "Oliver sipped his cocktail through a red straw. (Schulyer) found it endearing how he liked sweet things. Oliver hated beer and all the usual trappings of what he called 'el jocko-Americano.' Somehow the girly drinks made him more manly, in Schuyler's yes."
- "Models lived on fumes: smoke and air."
- "(Mimi) loved (Jack) too much and understood his flaws too well. Hating Jack would be akin to hating herself, and Mimi had too much self-esteem to wallow in that particular misery."
- "Stepping out onto the catwalk was like stepping onto the moon." ~ Schuyler
- "I just feel like love isn't supposed to be so ... angsty, you know? Like, if it works, it shouldn't be so tortured." ~ Oliver to Schuyler
- "Love. It's so close to hate, it's almost indistinguishable. But this is how it was for the two of them. Love and hate. Life and death. Joy and anguish." ~ Mimi's thoughts about Jack
Buy on Amazon.com: Revelations (Blue Bloods, Book 3)